Handy tips to make the most of Microsoft Teams
How to set up your own Team on Microsoft Teams:
- At the LSE you need to be a Team owner to manage and add members to a Team. You can request this from the LSE Setting Up Microsoft Teams page, under the 'Create a team' section:
- If you are a Team owner you can invite LSE staff and students to your team:
- Find your Team name in the Teams list and click the three dots alongside it and select 'Add Member' from the pop-up menu.
- Type in the surname of the person you want to add and their name should appear.
- To remove members and create additional owners click and select 'Manage Team' from the pop-up menu
How to share a whole screen, a window, or a particular file
- While you are in Chat window, select "Share" in your meeting controls.
- Choose what you want to share from the following:
- Desktop: allows you share your entire desktop.
- Window: allows you to share an app.
- PowerPoint: allows you to share a presentation.
- Browse: allows you to find the specific file you want to share.
How to control what people can and can't see…
Change your background before your meeting starts.
- Select "Background effects" to the right of the microphone switch.
- Select which background option you would like.
- If you choose to blur your background, everything around you will be put out of focus while you remain in focus.
You can also replace your background with one of the images provided.
Change your background during your meeting
- Go to your meeting controls and click the three dots for more options.
- Click "Show background effects".
- Choose "Blur" to blur your background.
- You can also replace your background with one of the images provided.
How to leave a team that you're a part of
- Go to the team name and click the three dots for more options.
- Click "Leave the team".