Setting up RLAB VPN on Windows
To access RLAB resources offsite
THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF CASE, CEP, CVER and STICERD BASED AT THE LSE.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows your computer or mobile device to behave as if it is connected directly to the RLAB network enabling SECURE remote access to your networked drives (J: or Z: space)
Creating a VPN connection on Windows
The VPN connection is managed by the Pulse Secure software.
Click on the links below to download the Pulse Secure client and then click on the .msi file to install the software on your computer.
Setting up the client
- The desktop version of the Pulse client should open after installation.
- To add a new VPN connection, click the "+" button on the connections bar at the top of the client.
- In the window that opens enter the following information:
Type: Leave as UAC or SSL-VPN
Name: Enter a meaningful name for the connection
Server URL: https://vpn.lse.ac.uk/rlab/pulse
Click on the Add button to save this connection.
- You should now see the VPN connection listed within the client.
- To connect to the VPN click the connect button and you will be prompted for your RLAB credentials.
For User Name type RLAB\username where username is your is your IT account username. Enter your IT account password and click on connect.
The VPN should establish after successful authentication and the client is configured for use. The client will load each time you start Windows and resides in the bottom right-hand corner in the system tray. To connect to the VPN, locate the icon, right-click and click connect
- Now you are ready to connect to your J: or Z: drive