Setting up RLAB VPN on the Mac
To access RLAB resources offsite
THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF CASE, CEP, CVER and STICERD BASED AT THE LSE.
What is VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows your computer or mobile device to behave as if it is connected directly to the LSE network enabling SECURE remote access to your networked drives and remote servers.
Step 1: How to install/update your VPN client connection
If you do not have Ivanti Secure Access or Pulse Secure installed, you will need to install the software first, see Step 2.
If Ivanti Secure Access is already installed and you need to setup the new connection to the LSE VPN, please go to Step 3.
Step 3: Installing VPN software
- Click on the link below to download the Pulse Secure client and then run the pulsesecure.zip file to install the software on your computer.
Pulse Secure Mac OS client
- Open the downloaded file and run the PulseSecure.pkg installer.
- Click on Continue.
- Then Install, enter your computer account password if asked to start the installation. Close the window once complete, you can move the installer to the Bin.
- Once installed, go to Step 3 to add the new connection settings.
Step 3: Set up the new connection
- To open the Ivanti Secure client, click the icon on the menu bar at the top right of your screen.
- Then select Open Ivanti Secure Access Client.
- To add a new VPN connection, click the "+" button on the bar at the bottom of the client.
- In the window that opens enter the following information:
Type: Leave as Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN)
Name: LSE RLAB
Server URL: https://vpn.lse.ac.uk/rlab/pulse
Click on the Add button to save this connection.
- Click Connect to connect to the RLAB VPN.
- You will then be prompted to sign into your RLAB account to connect with.
- You will then be connected.