Connecting to your U: space (Windows)
Your personal LSE web space
Your U: space is your LSE personal webspace for creating personal webpages.
- If you are connecting remotely make sure you have already connected to the LSE network using VPN
- From the start menu choose File Explorer.
- In File Explorer click on This PC. From the menu bar click on Map Network Drive.
STAFF (Students jump to step 5)
- In Drive select U: as the drive letter from the drop down list.
- In Folder enter \\pwp.lse.ac.uk\webs\yourLSEusername - where yourLSEusername is your LSE IT account username.
In our example the username is smithj for fictitious user John Smith. Therefore the pathname is \\pwp.lse.ac.uk\webs\smithj.
- Make sure you tick Connect using different credentials. Click on finish.
- You will be prompted to enter your credentials. Enter your LSE IT account credentials:
For username type LSE\yourLSEusername - where yourLSEusername is your LSE IT account username.
In our example for fictitious user John Smith, the username will be typed as LSE\smithj.
Enter your LSE IT account password in the password field, then click OK to finish.
- Your U: space should now appear ...
- ... and in File Explorer an icon for your U: space should be present