Connecting to your U: Space (Mac)
Access your personal LSE web space
- If you are connecting remotely make sure you have already connected to the LSE network using VPN.
- Make sure you are in Desktop - so that you can see Finder at the top of your Mac screen. Click on Go > Connect to Server...
You can also use K from the keyboard to bring this option up.
- A Connect To Server dialog box will appear.
In the Server Address box type:
In our example for fictitious user John Smith, the pathname is smb://pwp.lse.ac.uk/webs/smithj.
- A dialog with the message " You are attempting to connect to the server..." may appear. Click Connect to continue.
- You will be prompted to enter your LSE IT username and password. Click on Connect As Registered User. Enter your LSE credentials, prefixing your username with LSE\.
In our example for fictitious user John Smith the username will be typed as lse\smithj
- Click on Connect to finish.
- Your U: space should now appear ...
- ... and on the Desktop an icon for your U: space should be present
- To disconnect, drag the U: space icon to the trash can, which will change to an eject icon, and the drive will dismount after a few seconds