Connecting to your J: or Z: drive (Windows)
THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF CASE, CEP, CVER and STICERD BASED AT THE LSE.
Members of staff in CASE, CEP, CVER and STICERD based at the LSE are given a networked user-space in which they can save files and documents.
- For CEP/CVER users this is your J: drive.
- For CASE/STICERD users this is your Z: drive.
Connecting to your J: or Z: drive
- If you are connecting remotely make sure you have already connected to the LSE network using VPN
- From the start menu choose File Explorer.
- In File Explorer click on This PC. From the menu bar click on Map Network Drive.
CEP and CVER Users (CASE and STICERD Users jump to step 5)
- In Drive select J: as the drive letter from the drop down list.
- In Folder enter \\rlabf.rlab.lse.ac.uk\username$ - where username is your IT account username.
In our example the username is smithj for fictitious user John Smith. Therefore the pathname is \\rlabf.rlab.lse.ac.uk\smithj$.
CASE and STICERD Users
- In Drive select Z: as the drive letter from the drop down list.
- In Folder enter \\rlabf.rlab.lse.ac.uk\firstname+firstletter of lastname$
In our example for fictitious user John Smith, the pathname is \\rlabf.rlab.lse.ac.uk\johnS$.
- You should click the tick box for Reconnect at sign-in if you want this drive to map each time you use Windows.
- Click the tick box for Connect using different credentials.
- Click on finish, you will then be prompted for your RLAB username and password. Tick the Remember my credentials tick box.
- Click OK and your J: drive or Z: drive will appear...
- ...and in File Explorer an icon for your J: or Z: drive should be present.