Updating your VPN connection on Windows
How to change a VPN connection on Windows
THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF CASE, CEP, CVER and STICERD BASED AT THE LSE.
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) address is changing. The VPN allows your computer or mobile device to behave as if it is connected directly to the LSE network enabling SECURE remote access to your networked drives (J: or Z: space).
If you have not already installed your VPN software from Pulse Secure please see our installation guide.
How to update a VPN connection on Windows
- The VPN connection is managed by the Junos Pulse software. Find the Pulse Secure icon on the task bar or system tray. Click on the icon and select Open Pulse Secure.
- In the Pulse Secure window, click the edit button to edit the connection.
- In the window that opens change the following information:
Server URL: https://vpn.lse.ac.uk/rlab/pulse
- Click Save. You have now updated your VPN connection.
Important: when you connect you will have to enter your username prefixed with RLAB\
For example RLAB\SMITHJ
If you had set up VPN to remember your previous credentials, you will need to do the following:
- In the Pulse Secure Window, Click File
- From the File menu select Connections
- Next click on Forget Saved Settings