Changing your LSE Password
Your new password will need to be complex: it must be at least 8 characters long,containing upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
Do not use an iterative password as the system will reject it, e.g. old password P@55w0rd12, new password P@55w0rd13. Do not re-use an old password, as this too will be rejected and try not to use dictionary words as these are easily hackable.
Before you start, please ensure any email apps are closed completely as, if they attempt to connect, there is a risk of being locked out of your account. After you have closed all email apps, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://remote.lse.ac.uk/. Enter your LSE username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the Preferences button at the top right hand of the page.
- Under Preferences, click on the General tab.
- Enter your current password followed by your new password into the two fields below. Click Change Password. If successful the change will be acknowledged.
- You can sign out by clicking on the door icon at the top right of the page.
If you have access to your emails on a mobile device, please wait for a few minutes before opening your LSE email.
Depending on the device and app you are using, you will either be prompted to update the password or may need to go into the appropriate settings on your device to do this.