THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF CASE, CEP, SERC AND STICERD.
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE LSE PLEASE REQUEST ACCESS TO LSE WORKSPACE.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows your computer to behave as if it is connected directly to the LSE network enabling SECURE remote access to
- your J: or Z: drives,
- H: space, U: space,
- your LSE email using Outlook,
- and certain other LSE resources.
Therefore if you are working using a laptop, or working from home or at another institution you will need to create a VPN Connection to the LSE
This document will show you how to create a VPN Connection to connect to the LSE.
you have created the VPN connection AND successfully CONNECTED
to the LSE network you can
- Connect ('Map a drive') to your J: or Z: drive
- Connect ('Map a drive') to your H: Space
- Connect ('Map a drive') to your U: Space (your personal LSE web space)
- Set up Outlook to collect your LSE email - read Outlook 2010: Get Started
- Set up Outlook to view your archived email folders - read Archiving Email: Open an Outlook Data File (Archive Folder)
Read the instructions below and then go through documents i - v to access your LSE and RLAB DOMAIN resources.
The VPN connection is managed by the Junos Pulse software which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Setting up the client
Back to the top
- Open the Junos Pulse client.>
- To populate with VPN credentials, tap the "Add Connection" button.
- In the window that opens enter the following information:
Type: Leave as UAC or SSL-VPN
Name: Enter a meaningful name for the connection
Server URL: https://remote.lse.ac.uk/rlab/pulse
Tap on the Create Connection button to save this connection.
- You should now see the VPN connection listed within the client.
- To connect to the VPN tap the connect button and you will be prompted to trust the application after which a page will open for your RLAB credentials. Enter your username and password and click on connect.
The VPN should establish after successful authentication and the client is configured for use.