RLAB IT Help Documents
Please be aware of YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
as a RLAB and LSE member, visitor or associate:
- Keep all IT usernames and passwords SECURE.
- BACK UP YOUR WORK regularly on your provided networked user space
(your J: or Z: drive) and/or external media such as CDs or DVDs.
- Staff and students who wish to connect their own computers to the LSE network ARE REQUIRED to install and regularly update antivirus software.
LSE strongly recommends the use of Sophos Antivirus, available free from www.lse.ac.uk/itservices/sophos to all current staff and students.
Getting your IT and Email Account
Logging onto a RLAB computer
Change your LSE and RLAB password
Saving your Work
- Outlook 2010: Get Started
- Outlook 2010: Archiving Email (on LSE website).
- Outlook 2010: Manage Your Mailbox Quota (on LSE website).
- Outlook 2010: Recover Deleted Items (on LSE website).
- Outlook: Web Access
- Using your own email software (on LSE website).
- Mobile Phones /Smart Phones/ PDAs (on LSE website).
Saving work and backing up
- Backing up your work: CD-ROM
- Backing up your work: DVD-ROM.
- Connect A USB Memory Stick To A Computer
Networking and remote access
- Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi
- Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi using Mac OS X
- Connecting to the LSE Network via Wired Access
- Setting Up a VPN (Windows)
- Setting Up VPN (Mac OS X)
- Setting Up VPN (Linux) (on LSE website)
- Connecting to your J: or Z: drive (Your RLAB networked user space) (Windows 7)
- Connecting to your J: or Z: drive (Mac)
- Connecting to your H: space (Your LSE networked user space) (Windows)
- Connecting to your H: space (Mac)
- Connecting to your U: drive (Your LSE personal web space) (Windows)
ABACUS(LSE's multi-server computing environment for research data analysis)
Personal web pages
Read this guide for information on how to get your own LSE personal web page and connect to your webspace drive from RLAB, from your laptop, or from home.
Creating Web pages
Read this guide for information on how to create your first webpage, create links to other sites and how to place your CV on your website and create a link to it.